Thursday, November 17, 2011

The latest

It's been a busy week or two here at the Cali home.  Meggie and Papa came to visit Ben (and us) last Friday.  It was so nice to have them here and for them to spend time with Ben.  We did have some adult fun too.  We went to Denver to see Lucinda Williams, went out to dinner and ate too much bad food, stayed out until 11 (woohoo!!).  We also went to Boulder to do some shopping, went to the Butterfly Pavillion - which is code for bug museum, where Joel held a tarantula and Ben touched giant cockroaches. 
Chris and I basked in the glory of having a 20 minute conversation alone while my parents played with Ben.  It was amazing....
We went on a lot of good walks on the trails, and I even got in a bike ride while Joel stayed home with a napping Ben.  It was a great long weekend together.

Now they are back at home and it was sad to have them leave.  Seriously - S.A.D.  I'm hoping it will get easier, OR that all of my friends and family will move to Denver to make it easier for ME.  ; )

Tomorrow I am subbing at a middle school and I am excited about it.  I am anxious to get back in the classroom and meet some new people.  Next week we'll go to Thanksgiving dinner up in Fort Collins which will be great.  Looking forward to spending time with our Colorado family. 

Here is Ben with his shades.  Is it possible to be "street" when you're on a trail?


Here is Ben wearing Suzy dog's bandana and making pirate faces:


No comments:

Post a Comment