Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Two Peas in a Pod

Having Tommy only two weeks after Ben turned two years old was a huge challenge.  Thank God that now when I look back I can't really feel those feelings anymore.  I just remember it all as a blur of "OMG, how are we ever going to survive this?  What have we done?!"  As time went on it got easier, of course.  As a teacher, of course for me it's all about the summers.  The summer of newborn and 2 was a blur.  The next summer when they were 1 and 3 was better.  Last year when they turned 2 and 4 was busy but actually kind of fun.  I have to say that this summer, as they turn 3 and 5 next month, I am really looking forward to it.  They can enjoy so much more now than they could before.  I can stretch out Tommy's day so that if we *really* wanted to do something in the afternoon we could think about skipping the nap.  I'm also hopeful that he will be out of diapers by the time school starts in the fall.  (We'll see about that...)  The good news is that through all of the chaos in the last five years, we have begun to raise some good boys.  They are best buddies and would rather play with each other than anyone else at this point.  I'll take it.  : )








No comments:

Post a Comment